This website started out documenting the story of the building of my locomotive DG760 and driving carriage DG787, and 3 ride-on carriages. It has now grown to include Conventions, and my latest project - a railbus.
How it all began
It all started back in 1993 when I was on our Xmas holiday in the Hawkes Bay with my family, and visited the Keirunga Park Railway, a 7 1/4" hillside railway. We had a ride on one of the little steam trains around the track, and afterwards I got talking to some of the drivers. I left having decided to build my own locomotive. Ten years later, that dream became reality. This website documents the building of my loco and carriages, my current projects, the events I have attended, and railways I have visited.
What's on this website?
On this website you can:
- Read a profile about me
- Read the history of the original DG760
- See how the locomotive DG760 and driving carriage DG787 and articulated ride-on carriages were built
- View my current project - building a railbus
- Take a tour of the tracks where DG760 runs
- View the DG760 photo gallery
- View my Convention 2008 story and photo gallery.
- Read about my Convention 2010 experiences
- Find out about the Train Meet 2011 at Mana Ariki Marae
- Find out about the Convention 2012 in Whangarei
- Find out about the Convention 2014 in Christchurch
- Find out about the Convention 2016 held in Tauranga
- Buy DG760 souvenirs
- Contact me for more information
All photographs on this website are my own, except where noted.
My latest project was the building of a railbus.
Have a look around
Feel free to have a look around my stories and photo galleries. If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact me for more information.
Last updated: 9 January 2016